Special Christmas Fayre Tower Tours
We have 3 exclusive dates where you can experience the magical views over the Christmas Fayre from the very top of our Tower.
Click here for Christmas Tower Tours.
For our standard Tower Tours please use the link below.
We will be offering our standard Tower Tours again from March 2019. Keep an eye on this page for booking details nearer the time.
Our standard seasons runs from March to October with dates available to the public on weekends and bank holidays.
Numbers are strictly limited so to be sure of a place book online below. Tickets can also be purchased on the day (depending on availability), from our Tourist Information Point linked to the Cathedral Shop.
Once you have purchased tickets, the meeting place for the Tower Tours is by the Font where the Guides will then take you to the starting location by the Vaulted Ceiling.
On the booking page, please select the number of tickets you require, before choosing the date.
Please note the below:
Access will not be permitted to:
· Children under the age of 10 (children aged 10-17 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.)
· Adults aged 80+ (stipulation by our Insurers).
· Anyone to be perceived to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
· Those who suffer from vertigo or claustrophobia or are nervous of heights, steep spiral staircases, narrow passageways and high galleries.
· Those who are pregnant, suffer from heart disorders, or any medical condition or disability which might affect their own safety or the safety of others.
Health and Safety Issues
· Stairways are steep and narrow.
· A reasonable level of fitness is required to tackle the 202 steps to the top.
· The walkways maybe slippery.
· Suitable footwear must be worn (high heels are forbidden).
· All bags must be left at ground level, a secure locked location will be provided for bags during the tour.
· Decisions and instructions of the Cathedral Tower Guides are final and must be followed without question at all times.
The Chapter of St Edmundsbury Cathedral can accept no responsibility for accident, loss or injury to persons or property during tours and visits.